If you’re a sun, sand and sandals lover like we are, then we’re pretty sure you want beautiful feet during the season so you can look great in sandals and flip flops! Before we can pull out those sexy and strappy sandals, we need to take a look at our feet and make sure they look good! It can be a long, hard winter when we neglect our feet and they can become dry and calloused.
This summer, when your feet will be exposed most of the time, give them some regular tender loving care.
Here are some of our favorite tips for beautiful and healthy feet:
• Keep them smooth. Soak your feet in warm water with epsom salts for ten minutes and use a pumice stone to slough away rough spots and callouses. You can also use natural products like sugar or fruit pits for exfoliation.
• Moisturize them. Rich lotions and creams are more effective when applied after you have scrubbed and exfoliated your feet. Using creams in your favorite scent makes moisturizing feel luxurious. For cracked heels, a prescription cream from the dermatologist is your best bet.
• Keep them dry. Fungus thrive in damp places. Make sure you dry between the toes to avoid any fungal problems. Fungal sprays, powders, or lotions keep fungal problems in check. Make sure the ones you use have clotrimazole, ciclopirox, or terbinafine as an active ingredient.
• Wear shoes with good support. If your feet hurt, it affects the rest of your body and you become tired easily. Using insoles also help ease the discomfort of standing on your feet for a long time.
• Take care of your toe nails. Regular pedicures will keep them looking pretty. Make sure that your pedicure is done properly. Cut your toenails square across to avoid ingrown nails. Push back cuticles rather than cut them to avoid infection. Toe nails need to be moisturized, too. Rub in petroleum jelly or vitamin E oil on your feet and cuticles.
On second thought, why limit taking extra care of your feet only during summer? If you take care of your feet all year round, you don’t have to worry about them come sandals’ season. With a few good foot care habits, you will not only have smooth, sexy feet -- you will have healthy ones, too!
Posted by CastMedicDesigns on 08/01/13 at 08:00 AM